The short version…
- The Giant Easter Egg Hunt has had to be cancelled.
- Full refunds are coming your way.
- Let us help you run an egg hunt at home with free eggs!
The longer version with detail you need to know:
Well the queries started coming in this week, “what is happening with the Giant Easter Egg Hunt” and our reply was simply, “watch this space, we’ll let you know later in the week.” We did not want to cancel quickly but rather look at all our options. We hope the option we have decided upon will egg-cite you!
As you would know, the Government has now banned any non-essential gatherings over 100 people. So with that in mind and our desire to be wise and do the right thing, we have no choice but to cancel our beloved event.
So what does this mean?
- Well firstly, it means that… Yes! You will get a full refund, minus the booking fee charged by Trybooking. No questions asked on the $12 per child you have paid to us. We’ll begin processing those refunds from today and refunds will, over the next few days, begin to arrive back into the credit account you used to make your booking. That’s the right thing to do.
- Easter isn’t cancelled! And if we can help it, neither should your Easter Eggs! As a church community we are still going ahead with ordering and purchasing the eggs on your behalf today. And we will provide them free of charge to ticket holders! We still want to bless our community and provide some hope and joy to children in these uncertain times. That, we believe, is the Christian thing to do.
How will this work?
- We will refund your ticket purchases, but we will not cancel or void your ticket. Your ticket will still be valid and scannable.
- If you would still like to collect a bag of easter eggs to run your own Easter Egg Hunt at home you can!
- Bring your ticket, on the day Saturday 11th April 2020 at your normal session time as listed on your ticket. We will have a drive through system in operation! You will not need to get out of your car. Simply hold your ticket out the window, we’ll scan it and we’ll provide all valid ticket holders with a free bag of easter eggs to share!
- In the preparation and storage of the eggs and in their distribution, we will do everything that is possible to make sure this is done as hygienically as possible. Of course, if you have any reservations, please feel free not to attend. We will make good use of any leftovers at the end of the day by blessing other community members.
Our prayers and thoughts
Our prayers and thoughts are with you all during these uncertain times. We pray God’s richest blessings on you and your family. We pray for good health, for steady employment, for calm and rational thinking and that love would defeat fear. Let’s look out for one another, be good neighbours and bind together like never before in unity and in hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Matt Daly (Event Coordinator) & the Life Ministry Church Community